Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Israel and UK:
Comparison between different immigration detention centres
Violation of human rights and the rule of law…
Arrest and detention of innocent people, who haven’t committed any criminal offence…
Imprisonment of unaccompanied minors and separation of families with children…
Physical and psychological torture… Verbal abuse… Lack of psychological and health aid…
Cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment and punishment
of asylum seekers and undocumented migrants…
Hunger strikes… Suicide attempts… No access for journalists and activists…
What is the reality in these “high security prisons”?
SCREENING OF FOUR SHORT DOCUMENTARIES
FOLLOWED BY A PUBLIC DISCUSSION IN ENGLISH
- Undocumented Migrants: Lives in Detention (MSF, USA, 2010, 5’01)
- In the name of Italian people (ZaLab, Italia, 2012, 6’15)
- Visiting Israel’s “Open prisons” for African Refugees (The real news, Canada, 2014, 7’29)
- Over 50 detainees on Hunger Strike at Campsfield House IRC (CorpWatch, UK, 2014, 5’11)
- Two interviews by former detainees in the Mennogeia Detention Centre (KISA, Cyprus, 2013, 3’59 & 5’27)
Thursday, 24th of July at 7:00 pm
KISA (Arsinoes 48, Old City Nicosia)
KISA – Action for Equality, Support, Antiracism
Coffee, drinks and snacks in low prices.
Subscribe To Kisa Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. KISA's activity is focused on the fields of Migration, Asylum, Racism, and Trafficking, as well as raising awareness in Cypriot society.